Verleg je grenzen : met Sonja en Rik op culinaire safari

Bespreek hier alles wat te maken heeft met Sonja Bakker.
Plaats reactie
Mum
Beheerder

Verleg je grenzen : met Sonja en Rik op culinaire safari

Bericht door Mum » 14-07-2012 10:12

Volg je dit boek ? Vind hier alles wat er mee te maken heeft

qmsgrmtkyo

shipshape forwards classic short ugg

Bericht door qmsgrmtkyo » 08-11-2013 22:02

2.These beats offer you focus sufficient reason for this it is possible to readily completely focus to any task or duties you are to function on. College students who have to review or carry out immense records could use this method as this could increase storage, alertness and also concentration. Design of new Asus ultrabook:Your Asus ultrabook Zen book is one of the most compact inventions of Asus and it comes with most aluminum made glossy body. The new Zenbook weighs only 3 lbs and is designed these kinds of to provide utmost comfort to users to hold this ultrabook along with all of them where ever they go because it fits easily inside a laptop bag and its area in the bag maintains it secure of damage. The new Asus Zenbook screen actions 13.3 ins and is fully Hi-def IPS screen. The particular screen of Asus Zenbook demonstrates a picture at 1920X1080 pixels which allows pure playback as of 1080pixel quality. Also the Asus has provided this notebook with 4GB RAM memory to even further boost its processing electrical power. Also to take care of artwork processing needs, Asus Zenbook has been powered by Intel Hi-def 4000 graphics credit card. So one can experience 3D games throughout Asus Zenbook, watch HD movies and videos which enable it to also enjoy viewing excellent images. Asus Zenbook will come mounted with Microsoft Windows Seven operating system Home high quality version. Battery life: Inexpensive Huge Beats Dr Dre headset Effective noises creating technician north west shut dwn headphone style, th all-inclusive hearing, could possibly t remote frm your portable sound levels effectively. Not really ut which, th special second sound experience visiting electrical professional hs al placed mt of th seems elimination earbuds, low-priced monster headsets not rell thes sack big t maintain th Holiday to orlando magic smart audio carry bout head set or prhp this own stressful covering bag beats studio room . You savor quick-access Monster Beats Casque Solitary HD Noir new music play influence, including numbers, play/pause and even tracking, without the need to search for the apple ipod and iphone Four. Additionally, all the high-grade mic in addition to high-resolution, sound-isolating earphones almost all join to let you recognize and also be noticed added clearly-and conveniently-than you could quite possibly with your new iphone4 in your the ears. Red betters one Harley-davidson white command dialogue an excellent unique things which doesn't have flattery, you will appear and feel it will be high-definition with your own, you are able to love the the particular switching paramartha music modern society fantastic trying to play damage HDHD red-colored headphones. green combat by yourself influence your Beats_by_Dr._Dre wiki conversation can be described as exclusive edition of an tri-folded for easy lugging. The grade of control ipod and online control of any talking, for example the wireless headset might perform. It possesses a great ability provide straightforward facts, light crimson, which has a sparkling mat beast.. If your industry demands large quantities of electrical power, natural gas or normal water or if you use rare and exotic materials in your processes, you enter for rude arising. Most overseas nations are severely with a lack of energy and resources. This limits the options for location along with adds high obtain costs and taxes for these resources. If you are lucky enough to find a supply for your utilities, you'll soon find out that the high quality is quite poor. Natural gas for instance, often times may yield much less power per cubic foot overseas than it does at home. Electricity transmission will be intermittent, with frequent interruptions, and you may usually have to base the bill to put up the transmission collections and distribution gear. In addition, you usually truck maximum energy specifications, regardless of how much that you use. In addition, the high quality resources for learning and also practicing German tend to be more available for free or very decreased costs. Deutsche Welle, the The german language radio brand (similar to NPR in the States), has a particular mission to educate individuals worldwide in In german language and way of life. Therefore, they have several, many, many voice messages on nearly just about any topic you can think of and also at literally every capability. Literally, not figuratively. A lot of their broadcasts tend to be sent in both Uk and German (in different times) so it a great way to get exercise listening to German as well as interpreting it as you have a follow up Uk broadcast to compare it to. I have never found a dictionary/orthographical resource/thesaurus for any various other language I know that is as thorough along with helpful as LEO. You can look up any word in any conjugation or even adjectival form and it will offer you all roots, almost all derivations, all cognates as well as sample usages in different type of industries. I still use it at least once a week. If there is something out there like this for some other languages, I would love to hear of it. Take a Chocolate background with an added art print design that is filled in with the neon version of pink will be a welcome addition for a teenage lady bedroom or for a great look in the family video game room or living room. Hot Pink Draperies with most earth hues as the base color makes for a great decoration theme that has certainly not been popular because the early 1970s. Inside a black and warm pink curtains combo, there is a Harley Davidson bath curtain available that will look great in the girl bath, or the one mom that has a passion for all things hawg related. There are even a set of HD bathe curtain hooks or even rings available to additional the motorcycle theme, as well as hand shower towels, and area rugs. Get ready for the hottest brand new reality show there exists. Your voyeuristic needs will probably be fulfilled by all six of these sexy singles kept in a house specifically designed to get down to business. The idea of the show is fairly common to what you would locate on shows similar to MTV's Real World or Funnel 4's Big Brother. However, similar to everything The Red onion does, especially their particular recent run associated with video series; "Lake Dredge Appraisal", "Horrifying Planet", "Trouble Hacking with Drew Cleary", along with the upcoming "Porkin' Across America", Intercourse House holds up a new dirty mirror on the norm showing all of us our world with a gnawing at, dark, wit. Additionally, like most Onion items the joke starts out small and subtle, after that grows until it does not take elephant in the room. Though in this case, it grew even larger into a mastodon. Hello i will be 44 year old feminine with a long good reputation for PVCs since my 20's also high blood pressure controled together with atenorol. My family has a solid history of heart attcks, High blood pressure levels and irregular heratbeats. I am on Atenorol, dyazide and paxil. Lately in Nov i needed a run of PVCs that lasted 4 entire days, for hours and all day. My spouse and i ahve had an EKG the Echo. a Tension test and as well as all of my blood work, Currently the PVCs are back again, on this occasion lasting for 8 days now. They carry on all day, all night. They wake me personally up, prevent coming from sleeping and lead to me much discomfort. I get tired and weak. They keep on all day and night with very little foot brake. It's long, preserve scrolling . A Christmas to consider Ballroom Bob Bob and the Bandstand Bob as well as the Big Freeze Bob On The Run Bob Helps you to save Energy Bob Helps you to save The Porcupines (? do they imply hedgehogs? I'm beginning to uncertainty the authenticity of this site) Bob along with the Badgers% Bob Saves the Hedgehogs Bob the Photographer Bob and the Goaltender Bob's Egg and Tea spoon Race Bob's Big Surprise Bob's Metal Detector Bob's Barn Raising Frank of the North Bob's Special birthday Bob's White Christmas Bob's Chicken wings Bob's Birthday Bob's Bugle Bob's Bucket Bob's Grandmother Bob's Day Off# Bob's Boots# Bob's Hide Bob's How you can Buffalo Bob Clocktower Frank Clockwork Bob Clumsy Roley Cock-a-doodle Spud Light headed Scores A Goal Light headed Goes Camping% Dizzy the actual Sheepdog Dizzy's Birdwatch Dizzy's Statues Dizzy's Crazy Paving# Eskimo Joe Farmer Pickles' Pigpen First Aid Molly Overlook Me Knot Joe Hamish's New Home Inspector Spud Complex The Soccer Legend Lofty and the Massive Carrot Lofty To The Rescue Substantial And The Tree Stump Lofty's Jungle Fun Lofty's Lengthy Road Magnetic Lofty# Molly's Fashion Show Mr Beasley's Brand new Friends Mr Beasley's Do it yourself Disaster Mr Sabatini's Great Day Mr Bentley Canine Sitter Mr Bentley's Educates Mr Ellis's Exhibition Mr Beasley's Noisy Pipes Mrs Potts' Color Pots Muck Gets Stuck Muck's Short Cut Muck's Creature Muck's Sleepover Muck's Mood Mucky Muck Mischievous Spud Pilchard In A Pickle Pilchard Steals the actual Show Pilchard Sorts It Pilchard Has A Ball Pilchard Will go Fishing Pilchard's Breakfast Pilchard's Pets Racing Muck Lulling Roley Roley and the Rock Star Roley to the Rescue Roley's Tortoise Roley's Animal Rescue Roley's Sleeping Friend Roley's Stone Garden Runaway Roley Scarecrow Light headed Scary Spud Scoop Will save The Day Scoop Provides Some Fun Scoop's Stegosaurus Scoop's Shapes Scoop's In Charge Scruffty's Big Dig Scruffy upon Guard Scruffy The Private investigator (isn't that Scruffty?) Scruffy's Bathtime Sing-A-Long Bird Skate boarding Spud Sleepless Lofty Sneezing Deal Snowman Scoop Special Delivery Spud Speedy Skip Cool Spud Spud the Spanner Spud Minds His or her Manners Spud The Cat Spud Lends a Hand Spud your Pilot Spud the Musketeer Spud Within the Clouds Spud Goes Apple-picking Spud the Dragon Spud And Squawk Spud Your Super Wrench Spud Gets Packaging Spud and the Doves Spud's Big Splash over Square Dance Spud Getting stuck Tea-Set Travis Trailer Travis Travis Gets Blessed (aye aye) Travis Paints the Town Travis As well as Scoop's Race Day Trix along with the Otters Trix's Tiles Wallpaper Wendy Watercolor Wendy Wendy's Vivid Plan Wendy's Watering Can easily Wendy's Big Night Out Wendy's Football Court Wendy's Busy Day Wendy's Removal Service Wendy's Huge Game Wendy's Magic Special birthday Wendy's Surprise Party Used to start putting a hash from the episodes we have at home, but they all kind of blend into one . I'll try to find the recording boxes (a challenge within this, the untidiest house in the uk). Some of the stories were put into our Chad annual, so I will also pay a little more attention at bedtime story time tomorrow! Mol. It is possible to find businesses who have what they call "query holidays". Those are the golden instances. Just this last 12 ,, Firebrand Literary Agency had a month-long query holiday, and many types of I had to send these was my contact info and the first five pages of my personal ms. Sigh. Another thing you might try at this step is to get hoodwinked by a hopemonger. It happens that we now have clickable ads here and there in writing sites that will lead you to what could possibly be called a query-letter form. The particular supposed literary agencies that do this, and that are so conveniently looking for "fresh new talent" (which means stupid people), are just cons and ways to get your personal computer infected and give aside some money for nothing. Climbs had been moderately steep with rocks and root sand. Several specialized rock outcrop drops as well as climbs. You''ll need to pay interest and pick your own lines. One long sandy climb (walk) and one long extremely deep sand nice with multiple corners. One large ravine bridging "Nose-dive Hill" that is unrideable, accept through the most extreme bikers. Great two-track stretches, rapidly in places, yet be careful rocky areas and gulleys break up some of these stretches. Overall, a terrific trail experience, gorgeous scenary, and lots of fun driving. Several 4WD road options to extend the length or loops to this trail. Stay on piste to protect cryptogramic soils. Steer clear of riding this area coming from late May via late August as a result of heat and lack of water. This area may be the site of the Twenty four hours of Moab Race through the middle of March.

qmsgrmtkyo

certain send ugg bailey button boots

Bericht door qmsgrmtkyo » 08-11-2013 22:08

Scorsese is defined to start firing in Taiwan throughout July 2014. The actual film has been financed through Emmett/Furla Films, Paul Breuls' Corsan Films and also Len Blavatnik's 's Films. Randall Emmett as well as George Furla are creating alongside Emma Koskoff of Sikelia Productions,Irwin Winkler, Vittorio Cecchi Gori and also Barbara DeFina. Niels Juul as well as Paul Breuls are executive producing. http://taniaroxborogh.com/uggclassicmini-uk.html Unused lemon juice can be cooled for several weeks.
Carrie co-wrote the song with Ashley Gorley and Frank DeStefano and advised reporters prior to event which she thought the particular song will be the perfect start to the woman's Blown Away record. "When you think of an initial single from a new lp, I like built to be up-tempo and fun," Jennifer said. "It was one of the previous songs we wrote [for your album]. I actually crashed Chris and also Ashley's composing session. They were writing throughout L.The. and I a day off of. They sort of had this groove heading and by get rid of a couple a long time we had the idea down.Inches http://fotoristo.com/uggoutletgood.html 10. It's going to be HEAT-SPURS FOR THE TITLE
A White Home can powerfully shape other perceptions as well. For years the administration has conducted the concerted marketing campaign to demonize Monk News, delegitimizing it a information organization, actually urging the ostracism. Then (big surprise!) its own Rights Department usually takes the unmatched step regarding naming the Fox media reporter a co-conspirator in the leak circumstance — when absolutely no reporter provides ever been tried for just soliciting details — in order to invade his and also Fox’s private and also journalistic communications. http://fotoristo.com/uggbootsonsalewarm.html "I sense safer for the wing of my airplane than I actually do driving to the airport," she wrote. "Why? Because I'm in control of individuals risks instead of at the mercy of those other owners."
Your show that must be remade will be... ugg classic tall This history first came out in the 06 14 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. each of our editor recommendsEmmys: 27 of Television's Supporting Megastars Sit for School Photo (Video clip)'Orphan Black's' Tatiana Maslany Joins 'Captain Canuck' Animated Web SeriesJesse Tyler Ferguson as well as Sutton Foster to be able to Unveil Tony a2z Nominations'Suburgatory': Jeremy Sisto on Gift Mishaps, Showing almost all Nude along with a Possible Stop to a RomanceJim Caviezel, Laura Dern, Michael Chiklis to Star in 'When the overall game Stands Tall'
Safe bet: Florida Georgia Line Record OF THE YEAR Blown Away — Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Knoxville)Produced by Tag Bright Key — Eric Church (EMI—Nashville)Produced by Jay Joyce Red — Taylor Speedy (Big Device Records)Made by Jeff Bhasker, Nathan Chapman, Dann Huff, Jacknife Lee, Max Martin, Shellback, Taylor Swift, Butch Jogger, Dan Wilson Tailgates & Tanlines — Lomaz Bryan (Capitol Nashville)Made by Mark Bright, Jeff Stevens Twister — Little Large Town (Capitol Chattanooga)Produced by The author Joyce pink ugg boots The page to President obama was discovered Friday. Federal officers close to the study said there was a heightened a feeling of alert due to Bloomberg letters. They said the Barack obama letter seemed to have the same postmark as well as handwriting because ones sent to Bloomberg and Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
This yearÂ’s lineup features hip-hop legend Biz Markie, Â’90s R&B group Man made fiber, multi-platinum New Orleans emcees Juvenile as well as Mystikal, soul artist Calvin Richardson, zydeco stars Frank Ardoin and Keith Chad, plus regional favorites Indicate Scroggins, Windstorm and Alter Ego. http://www.rotarysouth.org/michaelkors-com.html Hostages* Logline: Follows Ellen (Toni Collette), a Washington, Deb.C., doctor who is chucked into a politics conspiracy soon after being selected to operate for the president of the us. Her loved ones are taken hostage, along with it's her responsibility to avoid wasting their life. It is determined by an Israeli structure byAlon Aranya,Rotem ShamirandChayim Sharirthat was never made.Cast: Toni Collette,Dylan McDermott,Tate Donovan(subsequent position to NBC's Fraud ),Rhys Coiro, Billy Brown, Sandrine Holt, Mateus Keep, Quinn Shephard, James NaughtonTeam: W/EP/D Jeffrey Nachmanoff( The next day Tomorrow ) EP Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Omri Givon, Rotem Shamir; EP/showrunner Rick Eid ( CSI );Chayim Sharir; Co-EP: KristieAnne Reed, Alon AranyaStudio: Warner Bros. Television set, Jerry Bruckheimer Television

qmsgrmtkyo

umbrella sequacious ugg boots size

Bericht door qmsgrmtkyo » 08-11-2013 22:10

uggs on clearance The United States will likely circulate a revised U.N. resolution on Iraq after the week after studying proposed amendments by France, Russia, Syria, Chile and other Security Council members, diplomats said Monday.The usa is seeking a new resolution to obtain more peacekeeping troops and money into Iraq, but the behind-the-scenes debate has focused more about the future U.N. role in Iraq along with the restoration of the country's sovereignty.Foreign ministers in the five veto-wielding U.N. powers discussed Iraq in Geneva on Saturday the first time since the divisive U.S.-led war. Their talks highlighted the visible difference between the United States and France, Russia and China on a timetable for restoring Iraq's sovereignty. Britain is the fifth veto-wielding member."We're all regrouping," said U.S. Ambassador John Negroponte, who was simply in Geneva with Secretary of State Colin Powell. "I'm awaiting Secretary Powell's return from his consultations in Baghdad, but I would expect that sometime over the course of this week this process of trying to maneuver the resolution forward would once again resume."In other recent developments:Secretary of State Colin Powell visited full of grave Monday to highlight perhaps the single biggest human-rights abuse of Saddam Hussein's brutal regime — caffeine weapons murder of some 5,000 people in March 1988. Three masked gunmen assassinated the police chief of Khaldiya, a town from the dangerous Sunni Triangle, the chief's driver said. The publication of a full report on Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction has been indefinitely postponed after inspectors found no evidence that such weapons exist, reports the Times of London. CNN war correspondent Christiane Amanpour told CNBC her network "was intimidated" by the Bush administration and Fox News, which "put a climate of fear and self-censorship," based on USA Today.An American soldier was killed Monday within a grenade attack in Baghdad. On Sunday, insurgents killed a U.S. soldier and wounded three away from troubled city of Fallujah. Since major combat was declared in May, 156 American soldiers have died in Iraq. As of Saturday, the Pentagon reported 1,224 wounded for action and 316 wounded outside of combat.U.S. troops kept up the pressure on the resistance fighters in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit on Monday with raids on houses as well as the arrest of five men suspected of helping to finance attacks against the American-led occupation force. Five prominent Iraqis who are part of the U.S.-appointed Governing Council for Iraq reportedly want the Council to own more power. The Washington Post reports 5 - who all opposed Saddam whilst was in power - believe the Council should assume the powers of your sovereign government until a new constitution is written. That's beyond what the U.S. has proposed. Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry says the Bush administration's Iraqi approach is backfiring. "The $87 billion is the price tag for their arrogance and their miscalculations and that is continuing," said Kerry.
navy uggs A senior Republican, Sen. Arlen Specter, urged Congress to explain prisoners' rights at Guantanamo Bay, decrying a "crazy quilt" of legal decisions regarding the military's handling of suspected terrorists.Other Republicans on Specter's Judiciary Committee were divided over whether the Republican Bush administration's practices were satisfactory. Military officers and Justice Department officials defended the treating suspects at the detention center on a U.S. Navy base in Cuba's southeastern coast."We're holding them humanely," said Air Force Brig. Gen. Thomas L. Hemingway, the best adviser to the Pentagon's Office of Military Commissions.Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, in Belgium for talks together with the European Union, defended the holding of prisoners with the Guantanamo Bay camp, estimating that of a dozen prisoners released from Guantanamo had been killed or captured later "on the battlefield.""We can't release them and still have them go back to fight against America," he told reporters in Brussels.Critics — mostly human-rights groups and Democrats — long have accused the administration of unjustly detaining suspects at Guantanamo. Amnesty International recently compared the prison to Soviet-era gulags, and even some Republicans have questioned whether it should remain open.The Senate panel convened to wade to the complicated system in place to detain, interrogate and, if warranted, prosecute foreigners suspected of having links to Afghanistan's former ruling Taliban militia or even the al Qaeda terror network.The administration calls the Guantanamo prisoners "enemy combatants," eligible for fewer legal protections that those afforded prisoners of war under the Geneva Conventions. Some detainees have been held for three years without charges.The last Court and lower federal courts have weighed in on detainees' rights but have issued conflicting opinions."It's an authentic crazy quilt to try to discover where the due process rights lie," said Specter.Military and Justice Department witnesses testified that extraordinary protections have established yourself for prisoners' rights and the processing with their cases. To ensure they weren't mistakenly considered enemy combatants, each case goes through a process in which all evidence is looked over, and detainees get formal hearings before review panels, the officials said. no previous page next 1/2
pink ugg boots There's one more spacewalk on the schedule prior to the space shuttle Endeavour leaves the international space station.CBS News Correspondent Peter King, at Cape Canaveral, reports it is going to include some fancy robotics. The station's robot arm will move itself over station's Destiny Lab and on the station's mobile transporter rail car for the station's truss, or backbone.New station commander Ken Bowersox explains the arm is built to support an astronaut and move him around the station like a cherry-picker."If we put somebody about the end of the robot arm, then they can be steady and exert higher forces using arms and they can be moved over larger distances," he said.Astronaut John Herrington will ride no more the arm to connect some hard to reach plumbing for the station's backbone or truss in this final spacewalk with the mission.Herrington and fellow spacewalker Michael Lopez-Alegria have spent nearly 13 hours outside during their first two spacewalks, sometimes making the task look easy and finishing early.Though Endeavour has been at the space station for most of the week, it was only Friday how the outgoing and incoming station crews held their change of command ceremony."It's a very important day in the life of the station along with the lives of all the crew members here, because we not only change command of the station, but we have been changing the crews which will live aboard, said Bowersox, the modern commander and a U.S. Navy captain. "The Expedition Five crew has done tremendous work. They've set a regular that is going to be difficult for any crew in the future to equal."The Expedition Six crew actually took charge some hours after Monday's docking, reports King, nevertheless the ceremony is usually held a couple of days into the mission so the astronauts can focus on their work. Bowersox, Don Pettit, and Russian Nicolai Budarin are scheduled for the four-month stay. The Expedition Five crew of two Russians and American Peggy Whitson should come home aboard the shuttle after more than six months in orbit. NASA earlier this week celebrated its first Thanksgiving Day spacewalk, which has been the second one this week for Herrington, the 1st American Indian in space, and Lopez-Alegria.
mini ugg Or at the very least find the coolest possible place outdoors, in the event the crowds don't beat you there.
bottes ugg The Alzheimer's unit at Cabrini won't have a waiting list and it is covered by insurance. Call (212)995-6000 and request Windows to the Heart, sixth floor.
http://bottesuggpascher.physicianvacancies.com NASA postponed launching a spacecraft to Mars on Thursday after having a glitch popped up in the computer programs used for monitoring the fueling with the rocket used for liftoff.The problem with sensors and software that appraise the amount of fuel being loaded in the rocket appeared with just minutes left until liftoff. A couple of days after bringing Discovery home, NASA rescheduled the launch for Friday morning.The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter was anticipated to spend at least four years circling Mars. The spacecraft provides you with new tools designed to gather more data in the world than all previous Martian missions combined.The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter is required to collect information that will help NASA plan where you should land two robotic explorers later this decade and possible future human exploration of the Red Planet.The Phoenix Mars Scout, looking for organic chemicals, will be launched in 2007, as well as the Mars Science Laboratory will follow couple of years later."We don't want to be hauling cement to Mars. That's very costly," said project scientist Richard Zurek with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "Better to understand we can make on the surface of the planet."Early morning thunderstorms delayed fueling from the rocket launching the orbiter and pushed back time of the liftoff by at least 1 hour Thursday.The two-ton orbiter, equipped with the biggest telescopic camera ever sent to another planet, will give you unparalleled information on Mars' weather, climate and geology. The $720 million mission is additionally expected to help build on NASA's knowledge of the history of ice on the planet.The planet is cold and dry with large caps of frozen water at its poles. But scientists think it was a wetter and possibly warmer place eons ago — issues that might have been conducive to life. Scientists will also be trying to determine if it could support future human outposts."With the subsurface of Mars, we've literally just scratched the surface and we're trying to probe, now, greater couple of feet into it," Zurek said.CBS News Correspondent Jerry Bowen reports that earthlings are thinking about using the same toxic stuff already blamed for climate change here to put some life back on Mars. no previous page next 1/2

qmsgrmtkyo

because untoward ugg outlet shop uk

Bericht door qmsgrmtkyo » 09-11-2013 21:32

www.michaelkors.com It's been more than three decades since women were incorporated into the mainstream military. But, reports CBS News National Security Correspondent David Martin in the Pentagon, an ambush in Iraq the other day has renewed the debate within the role of women in the U.S. military.This has been said repeatedly there are no front lines in Iraq, Martin remarks. What which means became brutally clear whenever a Marine convoy was ambushed in Fallujah. Three with the dead and 11 from the wounded were females, although women are supposedly banned from serving in combat units.One of those killed, Regina Clark, was actually a cook, but she and also the other women had been pressed into duty at checkpoints around Fallujah to look Iraqi women for hidden weapons.That has been duty her mother, Melita Fountain, didn't know she was performing."I didn't expect that," Fountain told Martin. "I was clueless that that her job changed like this, because I thought she'd maintain the back again, rebuilding."It's not the first time American servicewomen have suddenly found themselves in combat.Sgt. Lee Ann Hester with the Kentucky National Guard was awarded the Silver Star after her convoy was ambushed.In the event the shooting starts, gender does not matter, Martin points out."You don't have time to take into consideration how you're feeling. Adrenaline's pumping, bullets are flying and it's really basically you or them," Hester observes.In the more than 1,740 American soldiers and Marines killed in Iraq, 38 are already women, and the chairman of your home Armed Services Committee wants to make certain women get no nearer to combat than they already are."I think it will be a real mistake to have women fight in close and deadly brutal combat in the U.S. military," says Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.).Lots of arguments have been used to bar women from serving in combat units, Martin notes, including practical ones, for instance a lack of upper body strength.But Hunter has a more basic objection: "Americans elevate women. We will have, and the idea of having our wives and mothers and daughters carrying bayonets and fighting in close ground combat, uh, uh. Killing and being killed consequently is not something that Americans want. It's definitely not something that I want."Still, says Martin, a realistic look at the war in Iraq is that women such as Sgt. Angel Pashley, whose specialty is civil affairs, are now being awarded the combat action badge for having come under enemy fire. no previous page next 1/2
www.michaelkors.com Hurricane Emily crashed into northeastern Mexico like a strong Category 3 storm Wednesday, its 125 mph winds battering buildings and beaches and forcing thousands over the Gulf of Mexico to seek safer ground.The attention of the storm came ashore right before dawn near San Fernando, a town about 80 miles south of the U.S.-Mexico border. The country's Hurricane Center in Miami said hurricane force winds extended outward 70 miles. Tropical storm-force winds blew over south Texas."We often see up to a foot of rain across the mountains of northern Mexico, that may certainly produce some life-threatening flooding," said CBS News Meteorologist George Cullen. "Hurricane Emily can be a dangerous hurricane."Heavy rain and stiff winds menaced northeast Mexico all day ahead of the storm's landfall. Army trucks roamed the streets Tuesday night, collecting evacuees laden with suitcases and rolled-up blankets. In southern Texas, giant waves gobbled up stretches of beach.Officials in Tamaulipas state, which borders Texas, said 18,000 people was evacuated from 20 low-lying, seaside communities, including everybody from Carbonera, a tiny fishing hamlet.In San Fernando, an online community of 60,000 further inland, life came to a standstill before dusk Tuesday. Relentless rain left large puddles in the streets, and most storefronts were covered with plywood.In southern Texas, campers emptied beachfront parks on South Padre Island and hundreds of other tourists left the spot. "Drive up and down this island, and you will see boarded storefronts, boarded homes, and not a few here and there," said CBS News Correspondent Aileen Sirgany. "Not too many people evacuated, but they are taking no chances."While not from the direct path of the storm, "in southern Texas, there'll be bands of heavy rain from Brownsville to Laredo — 2 to 4 inches of rain in spots, together with wind gusts of 40-60 mph later inside the day," said Cullen.The Hurricane Center said isolated tornadoes were possible in southern Texas. no previous page next 1/2
gucci handbags outlet Secondly, I've got to pick your number from the phone book. Nye County has very little competition in that regard. Only 17,781 people live there (1990 census).
gucci handbags outlet If you've ever heard the expressions "tin grin" or "metal mouth" utilized to describe someone with braces, you may be surprised to learn that braces usually are not what they used to be. And for that matter, the tin grin is definitely in. The Early Show reports. Everywhere you look, braces are one of the hottest finishing touches. Ask any kid. Braces are available in red and orange and simply about every other color in the rainbow. And the best part is that the colors can be changed every month - regardless of what the occasion. "I want to do shades of blue....Our gym colors are blue," says one kid. New technology is making all this possible, in accordance with orthodontists Melvin and Harold Kogod, a father and son team. More NewsStainless steel is otherwise engaged. A new lightweight tooth-moving metal produced by NASA is in. It changes your smile by 50 % the time. "When I first started, the typical treatment time might be 30 to Several years, and for more severe cases it might even run a little longer. These days, a patient can be done in a year and half and even just a little less," notes Dr. Melvin Kogod. Although braces still aren't cheap, cost is down and payment plans are routine. Depending on where you live, braces cost anywhere from $1,800 to $4,500, in accordance with the American Association of Orthodontists. "It's the most important bargain in health care," says Dr. Marvin Graham, president of the association. "There was a time in the '30s probably once the cost of braces was just like the cost of a new car," he recalls. Certainly braces are cheaper than a new car currently. And, if you're 30, 40 or fiftysomething, braces be cheaper than a facelift. Cindy Richards reflects on her thinking process: "Getting older, getting gray, thinking hmm, 'That's another thing that I can do to look better.' I cannot change, you know, the aging process, but I can straighten my teeth." (C)1999 CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved
gucci handbags sale Two of China's veteran swimmers have already been banned for three years for doping, making them ineligible for the 2000 Olympic Games. China Swimming Association imposed the bans on Wang Wei and Xiong Guoming, who each had a previous drug offense, the state-run Xinhua News Agency reported late Wednesday. Their coaches, Cheng Zhi and Xu Huiqin, were banned for starters year. The ban on Xiong deprives China of one of its top male swimmers heading into next year's Olympics in Sydney, Australia. Wang and Xiong tested positive for that performance-enhancing drug clenbuterol in out-of-competition tests in March. Athletes use clenbuterol to bulk up muscle mass. Xiong's ban went into effect Aug. 9, and Wang's begins on April 13, 2000, as he finishes a two-year ban imposed earlier, Xinhua said. Additionally, they were each fined 8,000 yuan ($936), as well as their coaches were each fined 12,000 yuan ($1,445).(C)1999 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. These components may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
www.michaelkors.com Consumers reassured by the strengthening employment market stayed optimistic in August despite the surging price of gasoline, giving a widely followed way of measuring consumer confidence an unexpected boost.The Conference Board said Tuesday its Consumer Confidence Index, compiled from your survey of U.S. households, rose to 105.6 this month up from a revised 103.6 in July. The August figure was better than the 101 analysts expected."Consumers appear to be weathering the steady surge in gas prices quite well," Lynn Franco, director of non-public group's Consumer Research Center, said inside a statement.Wall Street had little reply to the upbeat confidence report, with investors emphasizing the impact of Katrina. In early afternoon, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 74.67, or 0.71 percent, to 10,388.38. This news didn't boost retail stocks. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s shares fell 1.64 percent, or 75 cent to $44.90, while Target Corp.'s shares fell 2.39 percent, or $1.33, to $54.39 around the New York Stock Exchange.The increase in confidence, which followed a stop by July, came as a surprise to economists together with the average price of gas reaching $2.61 a gallon nationwide last week. Prices were expected to surge again soon as Hurricane Katrina affected refinery output inside the Gulf of Mexico.The upbeat confidence report can be in contrast to the sluggish sales pace seen in the nation's stores this month, with the International Council of Malls reporting Tuesday that sales decreased for the fourth straight week. Merchants are scheduled to report their August figures on Thursday. And while hot weather has wilted shoppers' appetite for fall clothing like sweaters, some analysts believe higher oil price is starting to make middle-income consumers reduce on discretionary purchases. no previous page next 1/3

qmsgrmtkyo

sit serpentine ugg boots for women cheap

Bericht door qmsgrmtkyo » 09-11-2013 21:34

The moves employs the recent expiry of an deal that permitted CME's founder and significant shareholder Ralph Lauderto vote Time Warner's stake. michaelkors.com Monga: Its actually about a excellent script along with greenlighting happens at the script amount. Monsoon Shootout (playing from the Midnight Tests program) took nine years to make possesses been a lengthy journey for its director Amit Kumar even with it like a good piece of software. I satisfied him 3 years ago and in many cases then it ended up being tougher to talk about coproductions – now at the very least there is an acceptability that will multiple lovers can work collectively. Monsoon Shootout is another demonstration of an international coproduction and now we also set our own cash – I even sold my home! Its the simply house I had created. I can'to wait for everyone to see the particular film.
William’azines syndicated demonstrate first broadcast in Come early july 2008 as a test with a limited number of Fox TV stations. After it showed it may draw viewers both in key urban market segments like Philadelphia and in various other less downtown test marketplaces, it entered national circulation. michael kors sale Keystone is just not part of the climate change plan that features new guidelines to restrict what Obama referred to as "the limitless dumping" involving carbon polluting of the environment from power plants, as well as the promotion involving renewable energy sources as well as new energy-efficiency specifications.
Eric Church will heat up winter in 2012 using the Blood, Perspiration, and Beers Tour first next year. The particular "Drink in My Hand" performer will hit the road inside January with Brantley Gilbert, who recently won his first No. One hit together with "Country Must Be National," as well as co-wrote Jason Aldean'utes "Dirt Road Anthem." Blackberry Smoke, Sonia Leigh, Jon Pardi, Cadillac Dark-colored, and Drake Bright will appear upon various demonstrates throughout the tour. gucci handbags sale UPDATE: Cage'azines camp is actually denying the particular actor's involvement with the venture, saying he or she never engaged in negotiations and actually passed on the function.
“Problems in later life technology and now we understand schooling,” Klein told the modern York Occasions , which noted the prepared tablet release. “A lot of people which understand technology don’t comprehend education.” michael kors sale "We are emotionally vulnerable," mentioned Gandhi, who denounced just what she called a "dastardly attack" on the nation's democratic values.
“It was clear to me in which labor ended up being imminent and now we needed to terrain the airplane,” so, for my child advice, your pilot diverted to upstate New York, Rosenbaum said. “It has been one of the scariest experiences of my life. It’s not like taking care of someone in the hospital.” Gucci Outlet Store, 60% Off Gucci Handbags For Sale Catesaid the girl hasn't talked to Hunter given that meeting her on the marketing campaign trail years back. In Hunter'ersus memoir What Really Took place , published last year, she referred to Elizabeth, which died of cancer within December 2010, as "crazy" and also partly accountable for John's philandering.
“As we increase our cable television business via Fox 21 years of age, we are constantly on the lookout for brand new opportunities, and we couldn't end up being prouder to be the first studio to generate an original scripted series for WGA America,” noted Last century Fox Tv chairmen Dana Walden andGary Newman.Fox 21 years of age president Bert Salkeadded: “ Salem can be a passion project of mine at Sibel 21, as well as Matt along with Peter’s excitement for it has been instantaneous and extremely gratifying. We have been excited to become delivering WGN The united states its first scripted series and appearance forward to continuous to develop using the network within the years ahead of time.” michael kors sale How are you affected when you reduce the intimate tension in the TV series only two seasons into a profitable run? Fresh Girl navigates these tricky seas this slide after Tuesday'azines finale settled the months-long query of how much leads Jess (Zooey Deschanel) as well as Nick (Mike Johnson) would certainly take their partnership. For those who'ng yet to observe, spoilers follow. each of our editor recommends'New Girl' Founder Liz Meriwether Talks Flashbacks, Finales and also FornicationTaylor Swift to be able to Guest Legend on 'New Girl' Time of year Finale 'New Girl' Creator Liz Meriwether on Her Comedy's Passionate Bombshell

qmsgrmtkyo

carriage savannah ugg factory outlet

Bericht door qmsgrmtkyo » 09-11-2013 21:35

http://www.rotarysouth.org/michaelkors-com.html A little girl who survived 10 days in a ravine after a car crash that killed her mother was released from the hospital Thursday.Ruby Bustamante, 5, smiled at reporters as she was released of Riverside Regional Medical Center in the wheelchair. She had a cast on her behalf right leg and a bandage on her behalf left hand, in which she held a mug of ice cream.A hospital spokeswoman said Ruby suffered a knee fracture and an infection on her left ring finger because of minor cut.Ruby survived her ordeal when you eat dry noodles and drinking Gatorade. Her family marveled at her fortune but mourned the death of her 26-year-old mother, Norma Bustamante."We desire to thank everyone for their support and prayers with this time of need, especially God," said Ruby's aunt, Rose Lopez. "We need to thank God for this miracle, for shielding Ruby and for comforting family members."Relatives said Ruby and her mother left their Indio home on April 4 to check out the mother's boyfriend. Relatives reported both missing the following day, but authorities could find no trace ones until state highway workers spotted their crashed Ford Taurus at the bottom of a ravine on Tuesday.The coroner's office said Wednesday that Norma Bustamante likely died during first minutes of the crash. She was ejected through the car, officials said.Grief-stricken relatives criticized authorities because of not moving quickly with the search. The Highway Patrol had searched the spot after a woman reported visiting a car go off the highway on April 4.Rose Lopez has additionally criticized the Indio Police Department as seeming not to take the family's missing persons report seriously.Police are facing questions over where did they handled the search for the pair, reports CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales. The California Highway Patrol is conducting an interior investigation.Indio police Sgt. Richard Banasiak said authorities entered what they are called of the mother and daughter in a national computer database for missing persons as the family posted fliers through the area. He said the search was hampered through the rugged terrain.Ruby's age was reported as 5 then 6. The hospital would not release age because of confidentiality law however the Highway Patrol report listed her date of birth as Jan. 4, 1999.Moreno Valley is around 50 miles east of Chicago.
gucci handbags Steve Hartman has hit a milestone - the 100th episode - in the "Everybody Has A Story" series. In a Web exclusive, Hartman needs time out to recall for CBSNews.com how it all began. This is his story: The experience began in the summer of '98 at CBS News headquarters in The big apple. In one hand, I had my old darts from college. Within the other, a really fine map of America I had commandeered from the eighth-floor hallway. From the feeling bad at the thought of placing a hole in it. But I certainly didn't see the need to buy a map, either. In fact, this was just a one-time experiment. Why waste 100 bucks on a new map when all that's necessary to do is put one, tiny hole inside? Needless to say, I have since trashed that map . 5 dozen others. I now make them wholesale.The dart idea actually found me while I was conducting a story on a guy named David Johnson. Johnson can be a newspaper reporter in Lewiston, Idaho. For nearly 20 years, he's been writing stories about people he randomly selects from his local phone directory. He even created rules for his column. Most significantly, he was not allowed to miss a willing subject. Although not allow himself to determine who's worthy of a story and who's not. For the reason that he felt they were all worthy.I had been hooked. The lottery aspect of it really intrigued me and I was especially excited about adding the map element. I thought it would be such a thrill to search at the whim of a dart. I really tossed the arrow over my shoulder striking - Glasscock County, Texas. Desert. 113 degrees. Ugh.I learned darts make terrible travel agents. Resisting the natural temptation to easily throw again, I visited and picked Pedro Talamantes. He was a sweetheart of a guy anf the husband even had a good story about emigrating from Mexico. We have got lucky, I thought. I thought the same when we threw the second dart, and also the third, too. In fact, it would take almost a year for me to truly believe what David Johnson knew all along – that this phone book is loaded with wonderful stories. Between then and now, I have interviewed 99 Americans picked randomly. We have been to 40 different states (Texas 7 times, Hawaii none. Go figure.). But, I really don't care where the dart hits anymore. People make the places. And I certainly don't doubt the idea. There are important stories in all of us. All you have to do is listen.
http://www.rotarysouth.org/michaelkors-com.html The Irish Republican Army refused to disarm Thursday as part of the Belfast peace accord, infuriating Protestant leaders who vowed to exclude the IRA-allied Sinn Fein party from the new Northern Ireland administration. Hours later, an automobile bomb containing more than 600 pounds of explosives forced the evacuation of countless people from shops in Lisburn, a mostly Protestant town southwest of Belfast. The unclaimed bomb, that was safely defused, was the first such attack in Northern Ireland since early February, when opponents in the IRA's 1997 truce bombed two other predominantly Protestant towns. The IRA known as the April 10 accord one of many British and Irish governments and eight parties, including Sinn Fein, "significant." However the outlawed group rejected the section requiring Northern Ireland's rival paramilitary groups to "decommission" weaponry, beginning in June and finishing within couple of years. "Let us make it clear there will be no decommissioning with the IRA," the seven-member command said Thursday in the movement's weekly newspaper, Republican News. Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams, a reputed former IRA commander, referred to as statement balanced. "People need to relax. What did people expect the IRA to express?" Adams said. But British Pm Tony Blair and his governor in Northern Ireland, Mo Mowlam, insisted IRA disarmament was an essential part of the accord. "It's got to be absolutely clear that individuals who are going to serve within the government of Northern Ireland have to have given up violence permanently," Blair said in Manchester, a northwest England city devastated by an IRA bomb two years ago. The crisis came as former U.S. Sen. George Mitchell, who guided 22 months of negotiations on the accord, returned to Belfast to take an award from the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce. Mitchell emphasized that they expects the IRA to honor fault the agreement specifying which it and the north's pro-British paramilitary groups should disarm by May 2000. "I believe strongly that there must be the total decommissioning of all paramilitary arms," Mitchell told Ulster Television, adding who's "will eventually happen." On Friday in Dublin, Mitchell can have lunch with Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern and purchase an honorary doctorate from Trinity College. The unsigned agreement, which have to be approved in public referendums May 22 in Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic, would create a new 108-seat Assembly directed by a multi-party Executive.(C)1998 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. These toppers may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
michael kors sale This column was written by Victor Davis Hanson. The three-year-plus war that began on September 11 is the strangest conflict in our history. It isn't just that the first day saw the worst attack on American soil since our creation, or that we are publicly pledged to fighting a method -- "terror" -- rather than the concrete enemy of Islamic fascism which utilizes it. Our dilemma is we have not sought to defeat and humiliate the enemy as much as wean a people from the thrall of Islamic autocracy. That is certainly our challenge, and explains our exasperating method of half-measures and apologies -- and the being unable to articulate exactly whom we are fighting and why.Imagine that a weak Hitler in the mid-1930s never planned conventional war with the democracies. Instead, he stealthily would fund and train 1000s of SS fanatics on neutral ground to permeate European society, convinced of its decadence and the need to return to a mythical time every time a purer Aryan Volk reigned supreme. Such terrorists would bomb, assassinate, promulgate fascistic hatred in media, and whine about Versailles, hoping insidiously to achieve concessions from wearied liberal societies that would make ever more excuses since they looked inward and blamed themselves for the presence of such inexplicable evil. In the mean time, Nazi Germany would deny any connections to those "indigenous movements" and "deplore" such "terrorism," whilst the German people received a certain buzz from seeing the victors of Wwi squirm in their discomfort. A triangulating Mussolini or Franco would use their good graces to "bridge the gap," and seek a "peaceful resolution," basically we sought to "liberate" rather than defeat the German nation.In order to recap: The real enemy is surely an Islamic fascist ideology that is promulgated by a few thousand. They wear no uniforms and they are deeply embedded within and protected by Muslim society.After dark terrorists, a larger percentage of Middle Easterners, when it cost them little, gain psychological satisfaction when fellow defiant Muslims (terrorists you aren't) "stand up" to Westerners, who enjoy power, status, and wealth undreamed of in the center East. no previous page next 1/4
www.michaelkors.com The new label on Tylenol, containing acetaminophen, will contain a warning, reports CBS News Correspondent John Roberts. People who consume three or more alcoholic drinks each day will be told to consult their doctor' before the medication, and that chronic heavy drinkers could be at "increased risk of liver damage.""We know that there are some individuals who have had grave side effects...liver damage from Tylenol," said Michael Friedman of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.Some of those who have suffered serious unwanted effects is Antonio Benedi. A former aide to President Bush, he won $8 million from your makers of Tylenol after he combined the medication with wine drinking and were left with a liver transplant.Dr. Ron Busutill, a transplant specialist at UCLA medical center, sees many such cases."We have witnessed patients who have chronically ingested alcohol and after that taken acetaminophen for a back problem or even a chronic pain problem and after that that combination results in liver failure," said Dr. Busutill.Tylenol isn't only drug with new warnings.Motrin, which contains ibuprofen, now highlights an "increased likelihood of stomach bleeding" when combined with alcohol. However, the organization that makes both medications, says occasional drinkers have no need to worry."You need to be consuming heavy quantities of alcohol over a period of time before you decide to increase your risk," said Dr. Anthony Temple of McNeil Home Products.Tylenol and Motrin have voluntarily changed their labels. However the FDA is so concerned that buyers know the possible side effects well over the counter painkillers that it'll soon require all of them to carry warnings about the dangers of alcohol and analgesics. (C)1998, CBS Worldwide Inc., All Rights Reserved
michaelkors.com "I made a right to go towards my office and suddenly I merely heard an explosion and from the side and back I used to be just engulfed in a big ball of fire," said Dhingra.

ylkgitajsb

ergonomics prattle ugg ultimate bind

Bericht door ylkgitajsb » 10-11-2013 01:13

gucci handbags outlet "In order to avoid this from happening in the future," he continued, "I have directed my staff to revise the correct policies dealing with this issue. You should reiterate my position that public servants use a responsibility to uphold the greatest levels of integrity and decency, specially when you consider our multicultural, multi-ethnic community. There is not any such thing as being off-the-clock; we're public servants 24/7 and must conduct ourselves with the utmost professionalism at all times."
michael kors sale Potential jurors in the trial of an anti-abortion extremist accused of killing a doctor filled out questionnaires Monday that asked them, among other things, about their religion and their feelings on abortion.About 200 potential jurors were called Monday to go through orientation and fill out questionnaires.James Kopp is charged with murdering Dr. Barnett Slepian, an obstetrician who performed abortions, in October 1998. She has admitted shooting Slepian through a rear window of the doctor's home but said he intended simply to wound him.In his remarks to jury prospects Monday, Judge Michael D'Amico cautioned them to be honest with the court about their opinions on abortion."The issue of abortion could be raised during the course of this trial. ... Whatever your view might be, it does not disqualify you from serving about this jury," he told them.The 16-page questionnaire asked whether relatives or friends had ever belonged to a group that advocated some viewpoint on abortion, and if they read a Nov. 20 interview Kopp gave towards the Buffalo News admitting he shot Slepian.Kopp's attorney, Bruce Barket, said however not seek to exclude everyone who believes in abortion rights. He stated he sought people "who can fairly judge this example from Jim's perspective."Two jurors who said they favored abortion rights required to be excused and were sent home.More prospective jurors were being called to submit the questionnaires Tuesday and Wednesday. Lawyers would then have a very week to review them before commencing interviews of possible jurors March 12.Opening statements are scheduled for March 17, and the judge said the trial is expected to last three to four weeks.Outside, four demonstrators from your militant Army of God anti-abortion group passed out fliers, urging prospective jurors to acquit "baby defender James Kopp."Charged against Kopp include second-degree murder. He could face Two-and-a-half decades to life in prison if convicted.Kopp faces an outside federal charge of interfering with the ability to abortion and is a suspect inside the nonfatal shootings of four other abortion providers in Canada and Rochester.By Carolyn Thompson
gucci handbags sale The lungs are another part of the body that arealso a concern after any heart surgery, Dowling says.
www.michaelkors.com United Airlines said it will appeal a federal appeals court ruling favoring female flight attendants who sued the airline over its discontinued policy mandating they weigh lower than their male counterparts who have been the same age and height.United said its weight policy was in line with industry practices in 1994, and was implemented using the approval of its flight attendants' unionOn CBS News' Early Show, Anchor Jane Clayson interviewed an early United flight attendant, Joan Weaver, who said she was ecstatic concerning the ruling. "It's a success for us. It has been a long haul," she said.She remembers the first time weight was an issue for her on the job. "It started from the beginning of the career," she said. "They wanted you five pounds under your maximum at the time you were even hired. It started from the beginning."The former flight attendant added she being required to step on a scale on her supervisors. When one's weight would not meet United's requirements, "You eventually were removed from flying. It was progressive discipline," she said.Weaver's attorney, Edith Benay, said "I think a legal court said something very important in their decision. This rule not only did not help the airline, it impeded the flight attendants in performing their duties."In reaction to that ruling, United said it plans to file a petition to get the case reviewed by an 11-judge panel with the 9th Circuit.Shares of United, one of UAL Corp., were up 5/16 at 55-5/8 in trade for the New York Stock Exchange.CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Reuters Limited brought about this report
www.michaelkors.com Every two weeks CBS News Correspondent Steve Hartman invites you to definitely throw a dart at a map of the United States, and wherever it lands is where he goes to get a story. On this occasion he went to Seminole County, Okla. He arrived on the Saturday night, and it was obviously a good thing he did. If he arrived a day later, he might have missed his only opportunity to see Lula Morton. Actually Morton leaves her house only on Sundays. Eighty-six-year-old Morton calls upon every frail bone in their own body, every swollen joint and a minimum of one person in the parking lot to help deliver her there."As long as I have breath, and I can put one foot while watching other, I'll be at church!" she says.Morton could be the second oldest member of the Bowlegs Assembly of God Church. Instead of only does she faithfully attend, when the service is over, she goes home and telephones every member who, for whatever sorry reason, didn't make it to church. "I'm checking on the absentees, son," she tells those she phones.This comes naturally to Morton, who for 65 years was obviously a preacher herself. Ordained at 15, she spent the majority of her adult life as a missionary. She handled Indian reservations, where she touched plenty of lives, four very dearly."I possess a real sincere love for every child i have taken in," she notes.But her devotion to children has also brought pain. Over the years Morton has adopted four native American children. Three were wonderful to view, but the fourth one has been this kind of challenge, she says.When asked if understanding what she knows now, would she do all of it over again, she says, "No." Her son Tim adds he wouldn't blame her. Morton's son Tim is an alcoholic. He lost his license six years ago and has been in jail several times for other alcohol-related offenses. And yet the police don't even know about most of what he's done. Over the past few years, Tim has stolen cars appliances, jewelry and funds from his mother."But it was not done to necessarily hurt her. This is done to support my own alcoholism," he explains.Morton's confidant through all this has been Pastor Roy Robertson. "Oh, we've cried lots of tears over it," the pastor says.His advice was tough love; he suggested she press charges "to leave him there for quite a while," he says. "Let him think abut what he's done. You may still love him, and yet correct him some." But she didn't, he states."Because I love him," she says.And that is the rub. He won't or can't help himself, and Morton won't or can't bring herself to kick him out. So every week she prays for God's intervention. Morton has always said if Tim would certainly do the same, he'd improve. And that may be the kernel of hope here. Apparently the very first time in years, Tim was in church one recent Sunday. Also to Morton, that qualifies as a sign from God.(C)2000 CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved
michaelkors.com This commentary was written by CBSNews.com's Dick Meyer. For many weeks in a row there have been headlines like "Bush Approval Rating Hits New Low." This week, it was CNN's turn to break good news, with a poll showing just 32 percent who like the president's performance and Sixty percent who do not. Poll numbers this way give Democrats hope. In reality, most Democratic hopes lately attended from their opponents' vices and not their particular virtues. November will be the before that voters can punish George Bush and I expect they will. I think that, however, is near to the limit of Democratic hopes for the medium-term future. Their progress is decided by Republican regress.My hunch is always that Democrats will capture House and Senate seats and not the House or Senate. And if they do, the victory will likely be fleeting and they will do poorly in 2008. What a hunch, no more, and I will. But I felt it as a certainty while i read a column by The Washington Post's E.J. Dionne this week. Dionne was arguing with a fellow liberal who wrote exactly what the Democrats need to do is destroy today's "radical individualism" and change it out with "a politics of a "common good." That's fine, Dionne said, but we should instead hear "more about self-interest, rightly understood." That phrase taught me to be cringe. It still does. "Self-interest, rightly understood" is a fancy-pants way of saying, "I know what is at your interest better than one does." It is, in my view, a politically stupid and morally diseased position. Democrats, by temperament, are slightly more susceptible to it than Republicans.I wouldn't mean to condemn Dionne for a phrase. On the other hand will. It reminded me of something written on the very first page of a book that numerous Democrats think is absolutely brilliant, "What's the difficulty with Kansas" by Thomas Frank. Within the third paragraph of his book, Frank writes: "People getting their fundamental interests wrong 's what American political life is exactly about." That, too, is really a fancy-pants way of saying: "I know what is at your interest better than you are doing."Frank spends the rest of his book explaining why people of Kansas go against their obvious self-interest and opt for Republicans and not Democrats. His explanations are fascinating and fascinating. His premise is intellectually totalitarian.That could strike you as a rather extreme denunciation. It can be, so I'll explain why, in my view, thinking that you know what is in other people's best interests is perhaps the worst political impulse so good people commonly have. Actually, that is certainly an easy task because it has already been done for the ages and to perfection with the British historian and essayist Isaiah Berlin. In 1958, he delivered a talk he entitled "Two Concepts of Liberty." It became the most influential essays in political philosophy developed in English in the 20th century. no previous page next 1/2

Plaats reactie